Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Accepted



I am officially a student of United Theological Seminary. I finally received my acceptance news last week and began classes and colloquoy this week. United is a graduate school of the United Methodist Church. In 1871, United Theological Seminary was founded as Union Bible Seminary under the direction of the Rev. Milton Wright. Other notables involved in the school are former president, Leonard Sweet, and current preaching professor, Richard Eslinger. I am in the MTS program and am very excited.



Incidently, you might recognize the name of that first president of the seminary. He had two sons, Wilbur and Orville. They had something to do with airplanes or something. I say if God hand intended us to fly, he would have given us the ingenuity to build something to help us do it.



Anyway, it's good to be in school again.

5 comments:

EF + said...

congrats...good to see you'll have someone safegaurding that dangerous mind of yours! Later!

Joyce Collins said...

Congrats! I am proud of you!

Marsha said...

'bout time you get you some edge-u-ma-cation!!!
Seriously, I couldn't be prouder!!!
SIS

Anonymous said...

Proud, Proud of you the favored child.

Scott Williams said...

Yeah! Great Job! You're gonna do great!